Request for Applications – Research Seed Funding
Eligibility: The application must include at least one investigator from Northwestern University with an affiliation at the Center for Global Health as well as at least one investigator from an institution in a low and middle-income settings. The research should be innovative with potential to be continued/expanded with additional future applications to federal and foundation sponsors. The research focus may be HIV/AIDS, other infectious diseases, non-communicable diseases, training programs, research education, etc..
Research Performance Site: Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit proposals to build additional research capacity at institutions in low and middle-income countries.
Program Duration: 12 months maximum from date of notice of award
Deadline to apply: May 15, 2015
Funding level: $25,000. Requests for a lesser amount will be considered
Required Application Materials:
- Abstract & AIMS (max 300 words)
- Scientific/Training Plan and methodology (Max 5 pages)
- Biosketches for key personnel – Key Personnel must include one investigator from Northwestern
- Research timeline and/or gant chart
- Detailed Budget
- Budget Justification
- Human subjects and animal protections assurances should be documents
- Letters of support (NU and subcontractor)
- Impact for lay Audience/Donor (max 300 words)
Decisions for the Richard and Susan Kiphart Northwestern Global Health Research Fund 2015 are below.