Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine students that have completed global health rotations come back with some amazing stories, videos and photos. Here are just a few.
- Empezando en Ecuador- Feinberg's Samantha Estevez shares her experiences with Child Family Health International's Reproductive Health program in Quito, Ecuador
- Going to Africa for the first time- Feinberg's Ya-Ting Chen shares her experiences in South Africa
- Finishing Out Fourth Year Abroad - M4 Victoria Konold shares her experiences in Ecuador and Mexico
- Experience in Uganda - Feinberg's Saahir Khan shares his experience at Mulago Hospital
- Clinical Experiences in India - Feinberg's Jason Chodakowski spent a month in rural India, during his second-year.
- Allison's Journey in Uganda - Feinberg's Allison Beckham spent a month in Kampala, Uganda, during her fourth-year.
- CFHI Voices: One Northwestern Med Student’s Summer in the Himalayas - Jason Chodakowski (Class of 2016) talks about traveling to rural India as part of a unique global health program organized by Child Family Health International.
- Naraneta Crossing - Blog by Nicole Marie Rose Araneta received a fellowship from the medical school to support her projects in Guatemala in between her third and fourth-year of medical school. Nicole dramatically improved her Spanish-language proficiency, passed the international DELE Spanish language exam, volunteered a the Pop Wuj primary care clinic and completed several clinical rotations at Atitlan Hospitalito in Xela, Guatemala.
- A Bridge to Kacllaraccay - blog by Joe Brown who received a fellowship from the medical school to support public health projects in Kacllaraccay, Peru.
- Mania Abroad - Mania Kupershtok also received a fellowship from Feinberg's Global Health Initiative and is spending ten months between her 3rd and 4th year of medical school. She will volunteer at Primeros Pasos in Guatemala before transitioning to Atitlan Hospitalito in Xela, Guatemala. She will also spend four weeks participating in a midwife training program with Child Family Health International in Puerto Escondido, Mexico.
- Then Caleb Thought - blog by Caleb Hsieh while doing his global health rotation in Kampala, Uganda at Makerere University
- The Marabou Stork - blog by Nina Lu while doing her global health rotation in Kampala, Uganda at Makerere University
Interviews with Feinberg students and Fogarty Fellows
Read the interview
Dr. Maxwell Akanbi, a doctor from Nigeria, talks about medicine and health in Nigeria:
We are always looking for creative ways to tell a story. If you are an NU FSM student who would like to contribute your photos or stories to this page, please email the Center for Global Health's Communications Manager, Adela Mizrachi, at firstname.lastname@example.org.