Read the latest news from Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine’s Center for Global Health within the Institute for Public Health and Medicine. The links below take you to articles where you can learn more about our members’ latest achievements, discoveries, and honors.
- Global Health Lottery03.23.2017
Results from global health lottery for class of 2018:
The Center for Global Health received 120 applications from the class of 2017-18 for senior global health electives and at this time the following global partners are at full capacity and are no longer accepting applications:
- Charite University (Germany)
- Karolinska Institute (Sweden)
- Strasbourg University (France)
- Trinity College Dublin (Ireland)
- Royal College of Surgeons (Ireland)
- Keio University (Japan)
- Peking University (China)
- Stellenbosch University (South Africa)
- Tel Aviv University (Israel)
- Makerere University (Uganda) is full in February, open at other times of the year
- Child Family Health International in Argentina is full in February but open during other months and other program locations
Our remaining partner institutions all have availability and you may still request funding support and apply for elective credit. The full list of partners is posted here.
- 2016 GHSP Applications now open06.16.2015
- Northwestern Will Progress Report06.12.2015The Office of President Schapiro released a progress report on Northwestern's Will strategic plan which was first unveiled in 2011. The Center for Global Health is promently mentioned.
- Dr. John Connelly "Delivering Healthcare in the Developing World: Addressing Challenges with Innovative Solutions"04.17.2015
- 4th Annual Summer Institute of Advanced Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine03.25.2015
4th Annual Summer Institute of Advanced Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine
Center for Global Health is pleased to inform you that the Summer Institute of Advanced Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine at Tel Aviv University is now accepting applications for Summer 2015 (July 12-17 / July 19-24)!
The Summer Institute, in collaboration with Johns Hopkins University School of Public Health, offers intensive, one-week courses taught in English by world-renowned faculty from Johns Hopkins University (JHU), Tel Aviv University (TAU), Northwestern University (NU), World Health Organization (WHO), United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and other academic and research institutions.
The following courses will be offered this summer:
- Intermediate Observational Epidemiology
- Food Security and Public Health
- Medical Writing
- Hospital and Community Infection Control Preparedness Facing Emerging Pathogens
Further information and course descriptions can be found online: Summer Institute 2015.
To apply, please visit Tel Aviv University International and select "Apply Now".